|Project Title:||dataBase of Effective opportunities in the field of Validation of non-formal and INformal learning|
|Project duration:||01.10.2015 – 30.09.2017|
The main aim of the BEVIN project is to raise the indicator of recognizability of adults competences acquired through non-formal and informal learning. The partnership will achieve this aim through realization of the following operational goals:
- developing of database of effective tools for validation of non-formal and informal learning;
- developing of validation opportunities trends analyzer.
Project BEVIN is targeted to a wide audience:
- All public educational institutions/sectorial organisations involved in the non-formal and informal learning process and/or validation;
- All educational entities and individuals who are actively implementing validation of non-formal and informal learning;
- Teachers and trainers who accompany or support their students during non-formal and/or informal learning,
- All organisation and institutions that are planning validation of non-formal and informal learning.
And above all: adults who are in the process of, or are planning, validation of their competences acquired through non-formal and/ or informal learning.
The results of the project:
The main result of the project will be Database of effective tools for validation of non-formal and informal learning and Validation opportunities trends analyzer.
Database of effective tools for validation of non-formal and informal learning is going to be an innovative repository of validation tools applicable in non-formal and informal learning. However, the goal is not about repeating information available in different databases. The strong focus will be put on selecting, evaluating, aggregating and describing effective tools with the use of additional meta tags, that will support and simplify the process of exploring the database, ensuring good quality searches, at the same time. This will be the first database of its kind, which:
-will gather the tools (most of the existing databases focus on the results of projects and the tools does not appear in the description or constitutes only an insignificant element and therefore is poorly visible,
-will collect the tools developed not only as a result of projects funded by the EU, but also the tools developed by local organizations, independent experts, enthusiasts, etc.,
-will make a qualitative evaluation of the collected tools and provide useful recommendations for users;
-will provide users with the possibility to comment and evaluate collected tools, as well as to add a new tool and create recommendations.
Validation opportunities trends analyzer will be a specially designed and developed module, that by utilising Artificial Intelligence and Data Mining mechanisms will deliver a separate presentation layer for visitors. The Analyzer will gather anonymous data recorded by the Database containing information required to build a behavioural model of people using the Database, providing properly matched and coherent sets of data. There are going to be simple measures taken into account, like the most frequently searched learning validation tools, with possible country division.
The objectives of the project are consistent with strategic partnerships supported activities as these objectives will strengthen the cooperation between organizations with a view to establishing exchanges of practices, promote the development, and testing and implementation of innovative practices in the field of education.
BEVIN Database is innovative in that it is based entirely on other projects already carried out as well as tools developed by local organizations, independent experts, enthusiasts, etc., without the support of the EU and making them available in a user friendly way, this new database will initiate new synergies and deliver added value to the existing tools for validation of non-formal and informal learning. BEVIN Database will make a qualitative evaluation of the collected tools and provide useful recommendations for users. By specialising in the field, it will allow the users to focus at the subject they are interested in and to connect more easily to others, who are working in the same field. As an additional facility the database will allow users to add new tools. At the same time, this sharing of information with other users will create a Europe-wide network.
Ability to non-formal and informal learning resources through taking advantage of current publicly accessible databases, and therefore providing a single point of reference for past and current validation initiatives scattered across Europe.
Furthermore, the project will produce intangible results, which are:
– building awareness of validation of non-formal and informal learning and their need for implementation,
– promoting non-formal and informal education and tools,
– extend the understanding of each other, reduce prejudices and find common solutions: the educations system has a long tradition in most European countries and prejudices towards each other are common in all Member States. This project is bringing all stakeholders involved in non-formal and informal education validation together in one place and thereby counteracts unsubstantiated prejudices.